Our Partners: "Chernobyl Children's Trust"
Our Partners “Chernobyl Children’s trust”
Irish charity "Chernobyl Children's Trust" was established by a group of volunteers in September 2006. Main goal of this charity is to meet needs of children and families most affected by the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. «Trust» is an entirely volunteer organisation and this enables maximum donor value by directing funds to exactly where they are most needed. We work closely with Belarusian organisations to achieve maximum result in our projects.
Since 2009 we have been partners with Belarusian Charity Foundation “Dobra tut”.
Here you can find some information about our projects for this year that became a huge success due to the support of our volunteers, and surely with the help of Belarusian organisations.
Projects of «Chernobyl Children’s trust»:
2010 March — September
Humanitarian Aid from Ireland. Recipients: Slutsk Baby Orphanage, Pukhovichi day care centre, Belarusian charity organisation “White dove over Chernobyl”, Gomel, Children orphanage in Starye Dorogi.
Support of Day Care Centres and Developing Centres:
- Purchased necessary educational games and equipment for working with special needs children in Glusk day care centre.
- Purchased rehab equipment for special needs children for Slutsk baby orphanage.
- Funded the renovation of the entrance part of Day care centre for young adults with special needs in Maryina Gorka, to make it wheel-chair accessible.
- Day care centre in Kalinkovichi, unit for young people with special needs – purchased necessary materials and equipment for art works and workshops, help to a special needs family.
- Building Renovation work: Social-educational (Pedagogical) centre in Molodechno — finishing off renovation in one of the units. Renovation of unit in Starye Dorogi Home orphanage & Pedagogical cantre.
- Family Support: Support of socially unprotected families: purchased building materials for renovation of houses and household appliances. The provision of food stuffs, clothes, school packs. Promotion of sustainable self-help through the purchase and supply of live chickens, potato and vegetable seeds for planting, etc, Organized rest and recuperation of Belarusian kids both in Belarus and Ireland, support of families by getting new accommodation and new jobs. Support was provided in the following areas: Zhitkovichi district, Goretskyi district, Dribinskyi district, Molodechno district, Rechitsa district, Kalinkovichi district. Project “Call for Help”, Gomel – providing year round support to families with profoundly disabled children living at home.
- Special Needs: Help to Families with special needs children: provision of Wheelchairs & other equipment, Nappies, medication, visits of social workers sponsored by "Chernobyl Children's Trust", organised rest for the children and their parents in Rehab centres “Nadezhda” and “Golden Sand”.
- Educational: Provision of computers, educational materials and financial support for students and sponsorship for studying and accommodation expenses, for example: for a girl whose mother abandoned the family and left the father to look after three children on his own on very small salary.
- Medical: Organized treatment and medical consultations in Ireland for Belarusian children.
You can find out more about our projects and
Programmes on our official website www.chernobylchildrenstrust.ie